React Native Developer
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.Responsibilities
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
- Health insurance
- Team activities (sports/retreats)
- An amazing team
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle (Android Studio, IntelliJ)
- Understanding of REST APIs and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
WorkPay is a venture-backed startup based in Nairobi, Kenya on a mission to change how businesses manage and pay their employees in Africa. Our team is small close-knit and highly ambitious.
Submit your application