Front End Developer
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality cod
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes.
- Health insurance
- Team activities (sports/retreats)
- An amazing team
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with Redux; React.js workflow
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g. Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
WorkPay is a venture-backed startup based in Nairobi, Kenya on a mission to change how businesses manage and pay their employees in Africa. Our team is small close-knit and highly ambitious.
Submit your application